GoDaddy renames and rebrands its Business Hosting offering as “Web Hosting Plus,” emphasising enhanced site loading speed and performance, user-friendliness, and server hardware upgrades.
This name change announcement follows many months of server hardware optimization enhancements to GoDaddy’s hosting infrastructure.
With these latest server hardware enhancements, customers who sign up for and use Web Hosting Plus should experience faster site loading, enhanced performance, and a nearly 40 percent improvement in average server response times.
This percentage is based on tests done by GoDaddy between August 2021 and December 2021 in comparison to the old GoDaddy hosting platform and hardware.
Specific server hardware upgrades include the following:
- Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Solid State Drives (SSDs): This enhancement enables clients to obtain a 7x increase in performance with GoDaddy’s server NVMe SSDs for resource-intensive websites, compared to ordinary SSDs.
- PHP OPCache: PHP scripts are now performed once and then kept in memory, which improves server response times by 33 percent and makes sites hosted on the platform quicker in general. This percentage is based on identical exams administered between August and December of 2021.
- Improved I/O Resources: With 80 MB/s of allotted I/O, users are more likely to avoid slow-loading webpages and obtain quicker results from searches against huge databases.
- What does Web Hosting Plus entail?
- Linux Hosting (with cPanel) with the power and resources of a virtual private server (VPS). However, unlike VPS, no server management experience or ability is required. The cPanel experience is identical to shared hosting.
- How is a VPS different from Shared Hosting and Web Hosting Plus?
- Shared hosting is a low-cost option for getting a website up, but it requires sharing server resources (such as RAM and CPU) with other clients.
- Virtual private server (VPS) is a more robust web hosting option with dedicated resources. Additionally, it is more costly than shared hosting and needs expertise of server management to run.
- Web Hosting Plus is a mix between shared hosting and VPS hosting, since it provides the processing capacity of a VPS in a manner comparable to shared hosting’s ease of use.
Included in all Web Hosting Plus plans are the following:
- Dedicated CPU and RAM: With a dedicated CPU and RAM, clients may enjoy websites with enhanced processing power and memory resources that are quicker.
- Free, unlimited SSL security: Each Web Hosting Plus plan includes a free, unlimited SSL certificate that is automatically renewed for any sites hosted under the plan.
- Daily Backups: Automated daily backups defend against data loss and catastrophe by allowing the recovery of the previous day’s hosting accounts, websites, files, databases, mailboxes, and mail forwarders. With premium alternatives, data recovery is possible for up to thirty days.
- Customers get access to more than 150 free programmes, including as WordPress and Joomla, which can be installed with a single click utilising Installatron in cPanel.
- Network security and DDoS protection are monitored around-the-clock to give piece of mind.
- Global data centres: With state-of-the-art data centres in North America and throughout the globe, Web Hosting Plus clients may enjoy quicker page load times and deliver a better experience for their visitors.
- Web Hosting Plus clients get the same premium-level assistance available to all GoDaddy customers whenever they contact customer care.
Mikey is a geek with a passion for all things tech. He enjoys keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements in a variety of industries and is particularly geared towards technology that changes the world.